Thursday 20 October 2016

Day 2

20/10/16

So Day 2!

This rotation is going to be a lot of fun, I felt a lot more confident today and took a lead on all the patients I saw today. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to getting to know both the team and the patients. Patients stay at the rehabilitation unit for around 5 weeks and see physiotherapists or occupational therapists everyday. 

Highlight of the day was doing a Wheelchair Skills group around the garden, I was in a wheelchair to experience the difficulties of self propelling a wheelchair. I went up hills and across different surfaces which was hard! Later on in the afternoon a patient was taken out to try riding on a bus and the ticket officer let her on for free as she was an amputee, top man. 


Liam

No comments:

Post a Comment